Now where did I read that...

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Forward Momentum

We picked up Cowboy's oldest (5 years old) daughter yesterday in Tuscon.
It was a long trip both ways- and I suck at letting other people drive, apparently- but it went pretty well, actually.
His little girl and I hit it off pretty much immediately. She's a sweetheart, and I've had no problems getting her to listen, or anything. She's been attached to my hip since we brought her back. She told me she loved me before we even got back to the house last night. Granted, her dad was a bit taken by surprise, but it meant the world to me.
Everything's been going incredibly well. He's dealt with my moods, and my tears, and my past. I love him, and I can't quite make this feel like anything less than exactly what I've been looking for. It's not at all what I expected, but it is the most wonderful, beautiful thing, and I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment