Now where did I read that...

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Love Gone Wrong, Carry On

It's been a ridiculous day.
Week.
Life.
2011 started 12 days ago, my 25th birthday is coming up in 4 days, and I'm already ready to wring this year's neck.
Yesterday, I had no clue how I'd juggle work, my first college class, basketball, and studying for my promotion board next month. Today, I get an email from a woman who decidedly does not care for her job if the way she performs it is any reflection, saying that, despite the fact that I attended class yesterday and have half my homework done, I have been dropped from the class because it is too full. I should explain that I had my World Religions book overnighted to me so I would be prepared for this class, and am already well into the planning stages on my term paper. I am beyond upset by this.
I was dating a guy I'd met through work, one I was elated to be dating and thought, very quickly, may work out for the long run. After a week, he freaked out on me, and, via text message, broke it off. He had been to the Baha'i center with me for Feast, had met my father and my friends- all willingly, and everything was going exceptionally well. It got ugly. We're back on friendly terms, though I still think his actions were an exemplary act of cowardice. He's back and forth between missing me and wanting me back and being too scared, so I have counted him off as someone I will consider dating at this point. I do not have the patience for that sort of fickleness, particularly not where a relationship is concerned.
I had a friend of mine from work recently ask me on a date, and we'll be going out tonight. I'm not sure that it's a true date just yet- this one's going to go as slow as I can manage- but I'm looking forward to spending time with him, and we have enough in common- and enough not in common- that I think this situation has potential. He's going through some things himself, so I don't want either of us to get overwhelmed by it all. If this is going to happen, I'd rather it be something we're both sure about, even if it means I have to learn more patience.
I'm trying, by God, I'm trying.....

No comments:

Post a Comment