Now where did I read that...

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Trouble, Thy Name Is Mine

So, I can't count the number of times I have been told that my seeing the best in people is/does/will always get me in trouble.
Maybe the people who say that are even right- sometimes.
Maybe I just would rather ignore that fact, and continue being optimistic and refusing to believe that a lot of people are capable of and/or willing to hurt me.
It's not that I haven't been hurt, and it's not that I'm not wary of being hurt again. It's that I've been hurt often enough and badly enough that I refuse- I frikking REFUSE- to let my life revolve around that.
So, today I opened up a door to someone who most people would quickly consider "off-limits" a little wider than it already had been. He's not married, and not in the Army, and I'll just leave it at that.
We'll call him Trouble.
In any case, Trouble n I are looking at a long-distance thing for a while, so we'll see how it goes, but he's intelligent, tattooed, sweet and is doing all he can to be there for me. I haven't made him any promises, but I told him I'll try to come see him when I'm able to. I really do like him, but this is the type of situation that everybody else will tell me I've lost my marbles for. I don't care, though.
I just want to be happy, and I'm not one of those people who can do ANYTHING the normal way, so, hell with it, I'm going to do it my way, and I'm gonna have fun.

1 comment:

  1. Openness of heart can be a great strength. Use it wisely and with compassion.

    ReplyDelete