Now where did I read that...

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Beautiful Spirit (A Million Words)

It was a good day.
Work wasn't much more than the usual, though I seem to be back to being able to handle it without freaking out on anyone.
I got a great deal of cleaning done between last night and today, with the last bit of unpacking done. I have been slacking lately, so dishes must be done, and clean laundry put away- meanwhile, due to the unpacking, the dirty laundry filled right up and the trash must be taken out again. However, my small room feels rather less small after having gotten the two large boxes out of the way- though I still have one here, collecting clothing, shoes and books for my next trip to Goodwill.
Tonight, I had some pictures of Mr Nice Guy and I printed. Today, we have been together two months- more than twice what anyone else has really stuck through since Danger passed.
So, this evening, I rearranged pictures, pulled out half a dozen picture frames I wasn't using, and, well, I have 23 pictures up throughout my room now. Some of Mr Nice Guy and/or I, some of, well... everyone.
It amazed me to look through these pictures, and attempt to sort them between three photo albums, 23 picture frames and one box.
This is part of what I posted on my facebook page about this...


It doesn't surprise me much that there are so many people that I have met in these 25 insane years. What really took me by surprise was the incredible diversity of activities and places and types of people in those pictures.
There are probably too many pictures of me and my buddies living it up in bars, particularly in Korea.
There are pictures of motorcycle rallies, and various people under hoods.
There are pictures of me sitting back, quietly talking and relaxing with close friends at the hookah bar.
There are pictures of me with various people's kids, and a circus worth of animals- to include a python and a monkey.
There are pictures of natural wonders and new friends.
There are pictures of me in training, some with people I haven't heard from in years, others whom I still speak to frequently.
There are some pretty hysterical (and frequently questionable) pictures in various bowling alleys...
There are pictures of shadows saying more than any face could.
There are pictures of me in DJ booths- one in Korea, one in Atlanta.
There are pictures of trucks sliding down sand dunes, and guns being shot.
There are pictures of children smack in the middle of moments of the most intense joy.
There are pictures of friends on their knees in the middle of downtown Daegu begging forgiveness for some long-forgotten misdeed.
There are pictures of me surrounded by Baha'i friends of three or four different nationalities, sitting on the floor of a Korean home, sipping the most amazing tea.
There are pictures of sword fighting "knights" in shining armor- and of Templar Knights.
There are pictures of only me- and the memory of the person holding the camera.
There are pictures of house parties that, by some miracle, didn't end up with anyone dead or in prison.
There are pictures of candle lit dinners, and pictures of rock stars. 
There are pictures of people who helped me push my car out of a ditch, and people who almost got me arrested, at least once.
There are pictures of people who were the only witness to a story that wouldn't be believed without one.
There are pictures, so many pictures, of people who I simply loved- and most of whom I still do.

I may not have the easiest time all the time, and I feel like I'm on a never-ending rollercoaster all to often, but I am truly blessed to have had the amount of experience and this kind of diversity in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment