Now where did I read that...

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Up And Out

I had a 1sg while I was in Korea- one that, at the time, I absolutely couldn't stand, mind you- who told me, when I was fed up with the clinical BS, competition and Soldier-on-Soldier hatred that went around there, "Soldier, the only way out, is up. I learned that the hard way when I was tired of the clinic, too."

Today, as I sat there, in the Aid Station, finding myself being continually undermined and disrespected by other females and males, junior Soldiers and NCO's alike, watching the males team up and treat the females like we weren't even there, much less capable of doing anything worthwhile, it hit me hard.

The only way out, is up.

These people will not stop me.

If they want to behave like this, okay.
I have more than two years left in the Army, and these people are not going to get the good fortune of having me around any longer. I have other options, and I am not staying here. I will do what I have to to be able to shut down my emotions at work, no matter who doesn't like it, and I will do my job, but I will work to get my education, get my stripes, and get out of this hell hole.
I won't deal with this crap any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment