Now where did I read that...

Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Game Of Life

I had never wanted children until I got pregnant.
The thought of getting married was insane to me until the circumstances dictated that the only way I could be with the man I loved was to do so.
I was astonished at those women who did that biological clock ticking thing, behaving as if they were running out of time to settle down and get married and have kids.
I want that life.
At 24, my mind and body has been through more than I care to think about at once.
I'm "young" they tell me, but not one part of me has been through only what a "normal" 24 year old has been through.
At 24, my mind and body is changing completely.
I'm far more focused on setting myself up for success. I will not lower my standards.

...People tell me I'm so young... but with this much going on, going for me, is it not right for me want to share it all with someone?

No comments:

Post a Comment