Now where did I read that...

Friday, October 22, 2010

Curve Ball!

Wow.
Just... WOW.
I had met a guy at a friend's birthday Sunday night who I immediately hit it off with. We're gonna call this one Doc- he's the first fellow medic I've taken interest in for a very long time. He's not really what I'd label as my type- White, about my height, stocky with a little big of a gut at the moment. He has blue eyes. I've always had a weakness for brown.
I'm ready.
I'm not holding on to other options, and giving myself the escape route I've taken all too often in the past.
That's going to be a tough conversation to have with folks, but that lightbulb clicked on last night, like it hasn't with anyone else lately and said 'Yup, time to get it in gear.'
It may not work out.
It may end before or when he leaves for Japan in August.
Or it may work out.
Either way, I'm giving this my best shot.
He won't take my crap, but he'll treat me like a lady.
I won't be allowed to walk on him, but he's got a great sense of humor.
Here goes my heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment