Now where did I read that...

Friday, October 15, 2010

Open

I went out last night.
It was a Thursday night.
Lady La La took me to the local country bar, where I'd never been before.
I made 2 friends, both military, both male, one active duty hippie dying to leave the service, and the other a Reservist missing active duty desperately. One was a cook, the other a medic. Both were about my age, one is half Korean, half White, while the other is pure, unadulterated Mexican. They were even similar builds- just about my height, short and stocky-ish.
The half-Korean- Flag, we'll call him- hippie was terribly funny, and fun to pick on. He was flirtatious, outgoing, and reminded me of myself in some ways.
My Mexican friend ("Scout") had a more intelligent wit, was a little more reserved and very well-mannered, though far less mainstream in appearance, with his glasses and button-up shirt.
I was immediately attracted to Flag. It seems I have woken up enough to my own habits to realize that this is part of what makes him all wrong for me. He's fun to be around- but so am I. He's outgoing, loud, goofy, hippie, wild, and just ready for whatever. I need a partner, not a twin. While I genuinely like him, I think I may try to keep him on a partner-in-crime level, rather than a romantic one. It'd be nice to think that could work out- someone to travel with who's got the same wild streak I do- but, frankly, I think it'd be more intelligent of me to go with people who temper that wild streak over enhancing it. Sure, I want to get my living in while the living is good, but, well, I do that pretty effectively without help.
I don't like this growing up thing one bit. *sigh*
This isn't, of course, to say that I'm automatically assuming either one of these guys is a life partner, by any means... simply that, well, my head is starting to wrap around the things I need over those I want.
What a pain.
The first guy that hit on me, last night, though- the one I stepped away from as quickly as I was able to do politely- wound up getting thrown out of the bar for fighting.
I'm getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment