Now where did I read that...

Monday, October 25, 2010

Onward!

So, things are off to a good start with Doc.
Patient, affectionate, very sweet, intelligent, funny, and generally pretty cool. He catches hints way better than most men, and doesn't take my emotional ranting too much to heart. I hope this sticks.
It is, however, the way of the universe, to test what anyone says they believe in. Within a matter of days of starting to hang out with him, there were two people making less-than-positive comments about it, and, of course, now that I have no intention of dealing with anyone else, guys are coming out of the wood work.
That's okay, though, because I know what I want, and this is where I'll stay.
I'm doing my damndest to get it right this time. I'm just tired of being alone.
I catch myself missing my ex-husband on occasion, but I think sometimes it's more the knowing that someone will be there through anything that I miss, rather than him specifically. He's a wonderful man, but not someone I should be married to.
Meanwhile, back at the farm, it's Girl Time and I'm about dying. I have 30 minutes of work left and they seem to drag on forever. And ever. And ever... I don't know how I've made it through the day. I am beyond miserable.
No clue what dinner is going to consist of- half of a burrito is all I've managed to choke down today, as I'm simply feeling miserable- but I know laundry and cleaning are musts, no matter how miserable I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment