Now where did I read that...

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Happy Birthday, Angel Eyes!


Angel Eyes technically turns five years old tomorrow, but her birthday party is today. I have a ton of stuff here for her that I need to send off, but haven't gotten to yet.

It sucks that I can't be there for her birthday, but I'm proud of her none the less. From what Bright Eyes tells me, it seems like things are moving along so that when the time is right for him to move down here, the transition for Angel Eyes won't be too terribly rough. He's already had the discussion with Dragon Lady, and, well, she'll be okay with it. She seems to understand where her mistakes have been, though she continues to be pretty unreliable, which hurts Angel Eyes more than anyone else. I feel so helpless with all of this.

I'm glad things are getting back to normal-ish with Bright Eyes. My temper has settled a lot, and my stress is going down (and I'm learning to handle it a little better) so less is getting lodged at him in random spurts of frustration. I'm still overwhelmed and stressed out, but certainly less so than I have been. I love Bright Eyes very much, and I am eager to have these two loves of my life here with me. I am looking forward to them meeting the Baha'i community quite a bit, which is a great feeling. I think Angel Eyes will do incredibly well with the kids here that we have around her age group and even some of the slightly older ones. Bright Eyes, I'm sure, will have to adapt a bit to being around a faith-centered community, as it's not been his focal point, but I think he'll relate to it all and feel a great deal more comfortable than he anticipates.

I'm getting ready to go get some food with a friend, as I haven't eaten yet, and he offered. I'm exhausted simply because of low blood sugar, I think. I slept more than I expected to, all things considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment