Now where did I read that...

Monday, August 23, 2010

Naturally Faithful

My breakfast was a fruit pie- you know, one of those sugar-laden, glazed ones you get cheap at the corner store. So, lunch rolled around (late) and I'm hungry, but I just don't feel like eating. So, I'm driving back to the house to get a few minutes of alone time for prayer and maybe some meditation if I have time, not to mention writing, of course, and I think to myself 'I think I'm going to do some fasting.'
Wait, what?
Where did that come from?
When did it become easy for me not to eat, or realize that I just wanted to clear myself of the icky stuff?

So it continues, one day leads to the next, and, with each, I realize that something, somewhere along the lines, has gotten through to me. It's a strange feeling this coming into my own. I feel like an adult in the most positive sense of the word, and it's more than a little strange to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment