Now where did I read that...

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Process

Mr Nice Guy made it to T-town safe, and even remembered to text me along the way. (Not while driving, though, he knows I'll yell at him for that!)
It's not nearly as hard to not have him here as I expected. I mean, I would rather have him with me, but, really, it just doesn't feel like anything's changed. I like that.
Friday, the 22nd of July will be one year that Danger has been gone. I asked for this day off. I have no idea how it will affect me, but I have no intentions of falling apart at work again for as long as I can help it.
It is also the day that Mr Nice Guy returns from T-town. I haven't entirely decided if it's a good idea or bad idea to see him that day, but I really think it might be a good thing... I hope.
Sunday, the 24th of July will be my one-month anniversary with Mr Nice Guy. (I had miscalculated the date in an earlier post when I said the 17th of June.)
Sunday, the 24th of July will also be what would have marked 2 years of being engaged to Danger.
Overwhelming.
I don't know how Mr Nice Guy feels about monthly anniversaries- some men don't count them, others think as much of them as the most sentimental of women- but it'll be a (mostly) happy day for me. It's so odd to me that that one-month marker has become such a big deal to me, but it's so rare to see someone stick around a month, while, if they do, it tends to last upwards of six. It's less than five days until our one month speed bump, and I am perfectly confident in this relationship to last through next week, and next year, if we so choose.
It's been a long day, cleaning up the mess Madman made at the apartment I'm house-sitting while he took care of the place so I could go out of town. We start running sick call and actually operating as medics tomorrow, for the first time in the year I've been here.

No comments:

Post a Comment