Now where did I read that...

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lesson Or Loss


Bahá'í marriage is union and cordial affection between the two parties. They must, however, exercise the utmost care and become acquainted with each other's character. This eternal bond should be made secure by a firm covenant, and the intention should be to foster harmony, fellowship and unity and to attain everlasting life...

(Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section, p. 372)

The more I live, the more relationships I see fail- both my own and others'- the more I'm convinced that you can't truly know someone until your relationship has ended at least once. The side of Bright Eyes that I'm seeing now is proving this incredibly, horribly, painfully true. Instead of telling me he's mad and what about, he attacks me using my own feelings against me, saying he can see why I feel so guilty/sorry, etc. He posts stuff he was working on for me, making a point to say he's not doing it anymore, for the whole world to see. My heart is breaking all over again. I needed time, but, right now, he's just one more attacker I need to heal from. How is this the man I love?! How is this the same person I wanted to marry?! I don't understand. Tumbleweed has gone so far as to block his posts from showing up when he's on his facebook, because he saw what I saw- passive aggressive anger- something Tumbleweed (Dad) and I both know so much about.
This reminds me of times I'd rather forget, and I wanted/needed/expected better. I wanted to heal, and, while I had my doubts about my future, now I see that what I wanted wasn't ever what I thought it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment