Now where did I read that...

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Productivity


I'm wishing I were on my own computer writing this one, as I'm sure Ocean has some outstanding quotes about productivity and action.

This morning has been a doozy. I woke up about fifteen-twenty minutes late, and had to get moving pronto to make it to the PT test I had to do medical support for. (Civilians; Soldiers have to take a "PT Test" or "APFT" a minimum of every six months consisting of as many push ups as they can do in 2 minutes, as many sit ups as they can do in 2 minutes and running 2 miles as fast as they can. Medical support consists of sitting there with medical supplies, waiting to see if one of them passes out or hurts themselves, which they generally don't.) So, I'm sitting there with about ten people who all outrank me, including one sergeant major, and I was exhausted. Three hours of sleep and up at 5:15. Uggggh! Anyway, from there, I took the car back to Tumbleweed at the house, he dropped me off at work, and I've been helping the awesome civilian doctor I work with not to freak out about this meeting with the Big Guns we have this afternoon. She's an awesome person, great to work with/for, too. She just gets a little uncomfortable with the whole butt-chewing part of the Army. Nothing wrong with that, she's a civilian. It's understandable. We're a bunch of roughnecks for the most part. We've got the meeting this afternoon, and she's offered to give me a ride home. All this is going on while my email is down, too. Go figure. I'm sure I'll have a lot on my plate tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment