Now where did I read that...

Friday, June 4, 2010

Example

Baha'i folks believe we are supposed to set the example in all things.
*sigh*
No pressure, right?
I'm so grateful to believe in a forgiving God.
I didn't lose my temper today, but I genuinely struggled with the want to reach out and choke people. I spent the majority of the day in the sun, with elementary school children, doing medical support, helping to run the three-legged race, and taking the pics the acting BC asked me to take. We had one lil boy bump himself up pretty good, which didn't require more than a band-aid, and one little girl get some mild heat exhaustion and a bad case of a bruised ego. I was kind of irritated with her parents for not making sure she was hydrating prior to an all-day outdoor event, but some people just don't use their brains.
I start Armorer School on Monday, but just got my confirmation for this class today. I have to travel across the country to take this class, so a heads up would have been appreciated, but it's whatever.
Today was a long day. I stood in end of day formation and got heat cramps, for hell's sake.
I didn't snap at the people who probably deserved it, and I avoided telling the children who smarted off or acted out (surprisingly violently in some cases) that their parents weren't doing a thing for them. I was very polite to Mr. Choi when I got the run around about going TDY. I didn't swear around the kids. I didn't get pissed off or jealous when I found out my boyfriend may be helping a female co-worker move to another floor tonight before I get to see him. I wasn't rude to the people who were looking at me like I was speaking Gaelic when I told them to get out of the kids' way so they could run their race, even though I must have had to say it three dozen times in a row. I didn't even ask them if they needed an appointment at the hearing clinic, which I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been tempted to.
Overall, I think I did pretty good. However, the amount of times I wanted to take a child over my knee and give them one good swat, or at least kick them off my lane, or tell a parent they needed to stop being their child's friend/doormat and PARENT THE LITTLE BASTARDS was tremendous.
Have patience with this one, Lord, she is trying...

No comments:

Post a Comment