Now where did I read that...

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Goodnight Sweetheart Goodnight

I'm ridiculously happy.
This is easy and stress-free. I am not worried about Honor hiding anything, or cheating, or what he's thinking or what's going to happen... I'm just happy.
He fell asleep after we talked on the phone today- he was supposed to be on his way over. I didn't get upset because plans changed, and I wasn't worried that he lied to me or he was with another girl or anything, because, well, that's not him. He shows me off like I'm a celebrity he's lucky enough to know. He tells me how smart and beautiful he thinks I am every day.
This, he told me, is just the beginning.
He was raised by nine women, he's explained. His Mama is the most important person in his life, and I agree whole-heartedly with that. His sister is right up there with her.
He told me today that he loves his mom. I told him that's the way it should be and, at least until he gets married, that she should be the most important woman in his life. After marriage, things change a bit, but that she still should be important. After this comment, and much other discussion, his response was 'I think you really might be the one.'
I wish I could say I hadn't been thinking the same thing.
This boy is NOT my type. He's skinny, and he's younger than my kid sister. Okay, just by a month, but STILLLLL! For someone who's used to dating men 13 years her senior, sharing a birthday with someone means they're "too young".
Honor, though, seems to know what he knows and what he doesn't know, and is pretty grounded about that. I never have to wonder what he's feeling or thinking, because he's as honest as me, as open too. He's laid back, though he's admitted to having a bad temper at times. He doesn't feel like he has to put up a front with me, and vice versa.
We're together. Some people already seem to have issues with that. I couldn't care less. There are people who are important to me, but anyone who can't be happy for me, probably has no place on that list. Ever.
I know it's a risk, beginning a relationship right before I PCS CONUS, but, as I explained to one hater in particular today, the benefits outweigh the risks. I'll put myself out there if it means getting treated like a queen, but risking my heart one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment