Now where did I read that...

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Made Of A Different Wood/Marching To A Different Beat

So here's a pretty interesting spin on the idea of folks marching to different beats...
I have been interested in the drums I've seen used at drum circles and in other random places/times for quite a while now, and just stumbled across the name of one type of drum that I'm interested in taking a go at.
Djembe drums are beautiful, and the type I've seen used more than any other. What caught me about the drum-to-person analogy, though, is it's quite easy to relate.
There are many types of wood used, and each wood makes a different sound. Pretty easy to see how that relates to people, huh? The other factor that caught me is that, the smoother the inside, the better the sound.
Wow.
It is hard work smoothing out the inside of a drum, be it a real drum or that of analogy.
I think rhythm, harmony and a sweeter sound echoing from our hollow places is something we can all use a little more of in our lives, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment