Now where did I read that...

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fairy Tale Freedom

Searching Ocean for Baha'i writings on true love, this quote quickly caught my eye:
Convey respectful greeting to the beloved maid-servant of God . . . . . . . . and love her.


(Abdu'l-Baha, Tablets of Abdu'l-Baha v1, p. 212)

This was what I was looking for all along- someone who saw me as a spiritual creature, as a deeper creation, and showed me respect and love. I was blown away by how simply and directly Abdu'l-Baha phrased something it's taken me years to even understand I was searching for.


Be kind to all around and serve one another; love to be just and true in all your dealings; pray always and so live your life that sorrow cannot touch you.

(Abdu'l-Baha, Abdu'l-Baha in London, p. 82)

This quote... wow. The section, if I were to divide it a bit, that really hits home, is "love to be just and true in all your dealings". Beginning a relationship with someone, not for ego, not for affection, but for the purpose of being just and true... that is truly the heart of love. That is so much what I want.

It's a bit overwhelming, just now, seeing the plan of God and my own heart fall in line. Truly, as is His habit, I could not have imagined something as beautiful as what He had in store for me. To have someone I have admired and respected for so long become this beautiful catalyst in my life, so easily but steadily pushing me forward in my drive for the future, for something even more amazing than the last, how can you top that?

I have never felt so free as I do now. I spent a few days in a low place, lonely and scared, overwhelmed, hurting, and questioning so much. Here I sit, amazed, feeling more beautiful, more precious, more protected than I ever have and knowing... This is how it was always meant to be. Powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment