Now where did I read that...

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Questions Leading To Answers

Jitterbug told me he didn't believe people could have a healthy relationship if they kept ties with exes, even only as friends.
I disagreed, strongly. I asked a few friends how they felt about that, nobody agreed with his sentiment. Right now, I think I might agree.

My Dad said he'd started to think of life as chapters. I think this is a new chapter for me.

I realize when I get lonely, as I am now, I tend to try to go back. I don't recall doing this while in a relationship, other than my ugly habit of running from them when things get hard, but I can't be certain that some part of me doesn't.

I look through my Facebook, and realize that there are more people than I'd like to admit that I find myself feeling jealous over. Many of these people I never had a true romantic tie to, but, well, I guess that goes back to learning the difference between intimacy and romance.

I haven't always been the person I want to be- I'm still not, and this, I suppose, is the point of life. I will always be working towards this ideal I have set for myself. I fell in love with a long-time friend at one point. We got engaged. Seeing that, while I did love him very deeply, he was also someone who made me uncomfortable in other ways, I broke it off. Part of me felt I was running from another relationship, but now I see why I felt that need. Now, I look at him on my Facebook, and realize that, while I still hold feelings of jealousy, that he might find someone else, I'm not sure I can even handle him in my life in any real way.

I've cleared my list- and my life- of plenty of people who I'm tired of seeing say negative things, who's pictures inevitably end up being of drunken weekends, foolishness and half-nude bar crawls, but ridding my life of the ones who cause the most pain for me seems like it'll be the hardest thing I've ever done. How do I do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment