Now where did I read that...

Sunday, May 23, 2010

3 AM n I Must Be Alone

I know it's just stress getting to me right now, but, once again, 4 AM is closing in, and I'm awake. I've had a headache for almost 24 hrs straight now, with only a brief break. I have that pre-flu feeling, but I'm really hoping it's just the stress. I am rather evil when I get sick, and, what with short-timers kicking in lately, I'm probably evil enough as it is.
I'm ready for life to settle down, but it seems as if there's simply no end in sight. A friend of mine asked me if I wanted to have kids right after I got married. I can't imagine things settling down long enough to consider these things just now, so it was harder than I'd expected to answer this question. I don't want to wait too long, but I need to know I'm stable and able to adequately take care of all the people who need me before I can consider intentionally adding another person to that list.
If I get married any time soon, this man better have some serious patience. It's going to be a little bumpy for a while, and I'd need quite a bit of effort on his part to make everything work. Maybe after I get my degree in nursing I can consider having children. For now, well, the beat rolls on...

No comments:

Post a Comment