Now where did I read that...

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Onward Ever, Backwards Never!

I'm really trying to cut back on my swearing. No, I'm trying to STOP swearing before I make my big move to El Paso. Any idea how hard that is?
When I came to South Korea, I drank, dipped, smoked, swore like a sailor (talked like a Soldier), didn't know how to dress or do my makeup/hair and was, well, pretty anti-religion for the most part.
Lordy, look at all that's changed in 2 years. I don't drink- I don't even get the urge anymore, really- smoking appals me, dipping- um, hell no... And here I am trying to quit swearing. I barely touch caffeine anymore. I am even starting to enjoy running. I own roughly as many skirts/dresses as I do pairs of jeans, am the proud owner of both a flat iron and a blow dryer, and have a retarded number of hair and make up products. I own three bottles of perfume that cost more than $25.00 a piece- something I never would have considered before, though, to be honest, I do miss my Love's Baby Soft body spray. (I've always loved the baby powder smell, that and lilacs.)
I barely recongize myself some days. I dress more conservatively than I once did, though I'm much more aware of the attention I get from guys and, well, why. I do alright, I really do. How this all will translate into my transition back stateside, and how my faith will play a part in it worries me, no lie.
I want to meet a Baha'i man. I don't mind the thought of raising my child in a multi-faith household, but it's rare to see someone with as much faith as I have in most religions these days, and I can't imagine raising a child with someone who doesn't have strong faith.
I have a friend I care for very much right now, but I know he's going through quite a bit, so I don't expect him to want to stick around (in that context) once I've left Korea. That's fine, and I can't blame him.
I am probably too eager to settle down, but freedom is only exciting for so long, I suppose.
I'll be 25 in January, and this is a frightening thought. Next month, I'll have been divorced for 3 years. It's amazing how quickly the years fly. There's a lot of things I'll do better in my next 25 years, and maybe the 25 years after that, I'll have them perfected. Perhaps by the end of those years, I'll be ready to teach people a thing or two. Or maybe not. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment