Now where did I read that...

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Diggin on you

The retreat was beyond awesome.
Naturally, the people were the best part.
I had my two new cats from work there with me, and one of my brothers, but there was someone else who made it absolutely unforgettable.
Rock Star... "Laying on the rocks, under the stars"....
This man has made all the difference, and I have no doubt why God sent him to me when He did. This guy couldn't have walked into my life at a more perfect time for this.
If he hadn't have been a clown, or hadn't ever questioned aloud why so many religions need clergy, or why people think they need someone between them and God, we might never have gotten so close. He was that guy on the bus with the headphones blasting, he was just rocking out the whole ride, I got the biggest kick out of it. I thought he was a young private, then, though, as he's got a baby face and a laid-back demeanor. He's not, though, and he's more likely to end up as one of my closest friends than I ever could have imagined. Our mutual obsession with music and 3 days of almost non-stop talking- childhood, religion, nature, blood lines, and a billion other things- cemented a life-long friendship, I believe. You're crazy if you think I don't have feelings for someone who I got so close to so fast, but they're mutual, and no labels, no restrictions, no worries seems to be working out surprisingly well for two people who built trust the first day we met one another.
He woke me up to a lot of things about myself that I hadn't realized. I believe in being forgiving, but just in listening to my stories, he pointed out how much I avoided the obvious; just because I don't want to believe people are bad, I let them get away with more than I need to, for starters. He treated me like a princess, and spoiled me rotten- and enjoyed doing it. When Big Brother spoiled me, well, he was my brother, and had known me for a while. This was someone I just met, and he believed whole-heartedly that I deserved to be spoiled and pampered and loved thoroughly. He made a major impression on me, and I'm grateful for the chance to meet such a wonderful person and have him in my life, hopefully for a long, long time.
Work is wearing me out, but I'm doing better sorting it all out, and focusing. Today was incredibly (painfully) productive, and I even managed to get a dental appointment for next week to finally get this tooth sorted out. The Flight Medic packet won't be sent off, now, thanks to the mad shamerai warrior skills of my unit. It's too late for me to get accepted while I'm here, so I'll get that flight physical in the system, and try later, if I choose. I am really considering going occifer, though... The dark side calls!!!!
It's going to be an early bed time for me, tonight, as I want to start getting up earlier. I feel better when I do, and I don't have to rush- cuz Lord knows I suck at trying to do THAT in the morning!
I haven't been praying as much as I should lately, but I try to when I remember. I'm incredibly grateful to God for everything He's showing me right now. Life is beautiful, and I'm grateful for all my blessings right now, to include all the pieces of my trip to Memphis falling together so beautifully. Life is good.
Can ya dig it?
Knew ya could.

No comments:

Post a Comment