Now where did I read that...

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Gone Skippy

I spent a week and a half in the field playing Army, though it would have been 2 weeks and ended with me being pinned with a prestigious badge if I'd had the proper training. I caught a cold from one of the 39 people I shared living quarters with during that time. I got back to my base around 1930 this evening, only to be told that I would be required to be at work the next day. No recovery time. I am, needless to say, very unhappy about this. My head is sore from my sinuses being clogged, and I am too miserable to sleep, but will surely sleep through work if I take anything for it. The dental issue my leadership promised me would be taken care of while I was there was not even attempted, and, therefor, Flight Medic is, once again, on hold, thanks to my chain of command. I don't know when I'll have time to do laundry or clean up all my gear from the field, or when I'll be able to have my tooth properly taken care of. I don't know when I'll feel better, either. A number of issues arose while I was in the field, mostly emotional side-bars which left me upset but, essentially, out of control. I have been praying a lot, and it's helped, but things continue to hurt, as they tend to. Between blisters, abrasions, the "dog pound flu" and my tooth, I am pretty miserable physically right now.
I was in a very upbeat mood, especially considering all I've been dealing with, until I was informed that our unit is not giving me any recovery time. Other Soldiers from other companies had a minimum of one day, if not two or three, and all got four-day-passes for use at a later date. I am frustrated, but can't help but remember the last time I took anything into my own hands and later being told I 'threw my leadership under the bus'. I am tired, I am cranky, and I am not thrilled at the prospect of getting up early to deal with the BS of the same people who refuse to look out for me, or flat-out lie about my needs being met. I haven't had privacy in nearly 2 weeks, and all I want is some alone time to take care of my own needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment