Now where did I read that...

Monday, May 10, 2010

Eccentric Kind Of Perfection

I'm coming up quickly on leave.
I have people all over the country who want to see me- specifically my brother, John, out in Mass, my best friend, Cricket, in Cali (a place I've never been before), and, of course, my folks (Twitchy, Clef, Teal Dragon, and Tumbleweed out in Texas.
I want to see them all, and that makes it very hard to decide on a specific plan of action.

What bugs me the most is that what I really want is to go to Memphis.
I don't have anyone there, and nobody, as far as I can see, would be able to go with me.
Money also may be a small issue, though I'm pretty good, these days, at doing things the cheap way. I don't care if I stay in a cheap hotel (anything with a bathtub, at this point, is high-end to me- sad truth), and I'm not scared of any neighborhoods or anything like that. I'd have to rent a car, too, which would, inevitably be the more expensive part of all of this. What really bugs me, though, is going out there alone. It's not that I mind being alone or that I'm scared- Lordy, after traveling Korea alone for two years, I'm not sure much at all shakes me up, despite the states being frighteningly more dangerous, even for a 'lil white girl'. I just don't care that much for the thought of having an experience I'm looking forward too, well, alone.
Memphis is where I really want to spend those three weeks, even though I really miss my people.
*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment