Now where did I read that...

Monday, May 31, 2010

Wishes Like Kisses

If I had as many wishes as you'd given me kisses...
You'd still be mine.
You would have been mine then, and not just in my arms.
You wouldn't have left, and I wouldn't have cried.
There would have been many nights at the jazz club, many nights curled up in a secret place, away from prying eyes.
I'd be in your arms right now, whispering I love you as you open your eyes.
I'd know I really do have a place no matter what, and that place would be beside you.
I wouldn't question if I could ever love anyone else the way I love(d) you.
I wouldn't wonder if I'll ever be over you completely.
I wouldn't remember the indescribable sensation of your kiss, and hate that I can't ever have that again.
I wouldn't hurt because I know that someone else is enjoying that sweet sensation that I miss so much.
I wouldn't look at your pictures and know that you're happier there, because she'll never cry in your arms, knowing you won't be coming back.
I wouldn't find myself , a month after you left, still sleeping with your sweatshirt and wondering when my heart will heal completely, or if it ever will.
I wouldn't miss your smell, your touch, or your kiss, because, if I had as many wishes as you gave me kisses, you'd still be here, holding me, kissing me, loving me that way that I've never known before.
If I had as many wishes as you'd given me kisses, I'd have many more wishes, because there would be no end to your kisses.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't wonder if the only way to get over you is to love someone else...

    ReplyDelete