Now where did I read that...

Monday, May 24, 2010

In The Sight Of God

This picture is of two strands of prayer beads. They are made of coral and pearl, and they match. I have this set tucked away in it's velvet bag, in a box. I have not prayed with either set of these beads, and rarely take them out of their safe spot.
These are the beads I've bought as a wedding gift to myself and whoever I might marry someday. They also serve as a reminder of the part God plays in a marriage, at least in my eyes.
Each time I start to lose hope that I will find someone who believes as I do and who also can love me the way I need, I remember these. I simply can't believe that these will spend the rest of their days tucked away for safe keeping. Someday, there will be a man who comes into my life and is worthy of these beads, and the promise between me, him and God that they represent.
Someday, I will take these beads out of their box once and for all. That day will be like no other.

No comments:

Post a Comment